Eden Academy Trust
Well-being Pledge 2023-24
At Eden Academy Trust, we will:
- Ensure all changes made within Eden Academy Trust are considerate of staff workload and well-being.
- Undertake termly well-being checks with staff – identifying and responding to issues as and when they arise.
- Continually review teacher workload, driving down unnecessary paperwork and reducing bureaucracy.
- Be considerate of staff well-being in the timing and level of communications, working hours and job expectations.
- Consider flexible working at all levels of employment.
- Break down the stigma around mental health – ensuring well-being and mental health are a key part of the Trust recruitment and retention strategy.
- Ensure CPD is provided to all staff to enable them to manage their own mental health and well-being more effectively. Offering professional support as and when required.
- Provide access to a range of high quality mental health and well-being resources – including trained and experienced and staff.
To enable the Trust to meet this pledge, as a Trust we will…
- Ensure all School/Trust leaders prioritise staff mental health within their own area of the Trust.
- Appoint a Mental Health lead in each Trust School.
- Create a ‘Staff wellbeing and workload’ group in each school – made up of both teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Give staff the support they need / training required to take responsibility for their own and others well-being.
- Provide support to, and give leaders access to, the resources needed to manage the well-being of the staff they lead.
- Devise and implement a clear ‘communication policy’.
- Give a staff a voice in decision making.
- Drive down unnecessary workload.
- Create an outstanding culture of behaviour within our trust Schools.
- Support Staff to professionally develop and progress their own careers.
- Protect school and Trust Leaders well-being and mental health.