Financial Support and Management
- Centralised finance function.
- All invoices paid on behalf of schools on a weekly pay run.
- Debtor’s invoices raised.
- PSF Licences paid for by the Trust.
- Cashflow forecasts completed.
- 3-5 year financial forecasts and scenario planning.
- Bank reconciliations processed.
- Monthly budget monitoring with Headteachers.
- Annual budget preparation.
- Budgets presented to Trust Board termly.
- Monthly management accounts prepared and submitted to the Trust Board.
- GAG statement checked for errors.
- Income checked and loaded onto PSF.
- Completion of all ESFA returns.
- Assurance on compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Support with grant funding and bids.
- Submissions of VAT reports on a monthly basis.
- Control account reconciliation.
- All finance procedures and policies.
- Internal and external audit costs, along with Pension report costs.
- Attendance at monthly Finance and HR Surgery.
- Advice and guidance on latest government policies on school finance.
- Calculation of staffing costs and monitoring.
- Checking and predicting income streams e.g., EYs, SEND.
- Analysis of benchmarking data.
- Best practice advice and ensuing best value.
- Support on income generation.
- Step by step financial procedures.
- Monthly payroll returns completed and submitted to payroll provider
- Payroll checked and authorized
- Payments made to payroll provider for payroll and third party payments ( HMRC and pension providers)
- Reconciliations of monthly payroll
- Teacher pension end of year certificates and audits completed.
- Advice on payroll queries
- All payslips and P60s provided to all staff.
- Access to procurement guidance and advice
- Achievement of economies of scale being part of larger trust contracts.
- Support to ensure compliance with government regulations on purchasing and the trust financial procedures.
- Attendance and the presentation of reports at LGB and Trust Board meetings.
- Clerk to the Governing body provided at all meetings.
- Co-ordination of all LGB paperwork ahead of meetings.
- Minute taker for all LGB and Trust Board meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring all Business Interests of Governors are declared and recorded.
- Support with the recruitment of new Governors.
- Ensure annual skills audits are submitted by all Governors and trustees.
- Ensure statutory government GIS and Companies House website are current and up to date.
- Access to training programme for all Governors
- Fully funded ICT partner to work with your school on all matters relating to ICT.
- ICT support and advice.
- Monthly ICT support contract
- Website support and updates by Trust ICT support officer
Estates and Facilities Management
- An estates manager to oversee your buildings
- To negotiate and manage all building related contracts to ensure best value
- All health & safety inspections managed, along with any H&S advice
- Co-ordination of capital funding bids and capital works